Monday, January 15, 2007

About Me

Hey class,

My name is David Hetrick, and I'm a freshman. My hometown is Mt. Airy, North Carolina which is about 30 miles northwest of Winston Salem, NC. I am undecided about a major thus far; however, I think I would like to major in either sociology or exercise sports science. I like to play and compose music, so I would like to minor in music or take a few classes at least. I love to play the electric guitar, and I would love to make some professional music some day. I love watching movies; my favorite movies are Legends of the Fall, Meet Joe Black, A River Runs through It, The Devil's Own, and Braveheart. If you are familar with any of these movies, you probably noticed that I like movies with Brad Pitt. This is a correct assumption, as Brad Pitt is my favorite actor. I enjoy long distance running and physical activity; this year I am training for a marathon. I like to read novels in my spare time. My favorite books are The Count of Monte Cristo, East of Eden, A Prayer for Owen Meany, Harry Potter, and Dracula. I am taking this American Literature class as an required perspective, but I am still looking forward to learning more American Literature. I am excited about this class, and I hope I get to meet many of you during this semester as we learn together.

Sincerely,
David Hetrick

No comments: